Sunday, March 21, 2010

World Cup Finals


I just got back from Europe. I had a really successful trip. I got 13th at both events in Sweden and another 13th in Spain. The day before the comp in Sierra Nevada I got the stomach flu. I was really weak and had not eaten more than a piece of bread for breakfast. It was really difficult to find the energy to compete, but I really wanted to. The conditions went really bad that morning and you could not see anything. When I was standing up top of the course right before my run I had to do a double take to make sure I was in the right line. I talked to other competitors and they said they also had a hard time making sure they were in the right line. I landed the top air and made a couple of turns and could not see any thing, I dug my tip into a mogul and went flying over my head. I finished my run and made it to finals since the conditions were so bad enough other skiers had bad runs too. Finals went a little better, I made some mistakes on my airs, but I skied really fast. I made some big turns out of top air and I came into bottom faster than I had in training an went really big on my Back flip and almost fell. I got FIS Rookie of the Year for the World Cup. I got this huge crystal trophy. Thankfully, I also got a metal suitcase with it to bring it home. This season was a great season for me. I made the US ski team at US selections with a 4th and a 2nd place. I got 8th at the Gold Cup in Steamboat, I got 3rd, 2nd, and two 1st at Nor-Am's this year which gave me the over all Nor-Am title. I got 16th at my first world cup, and 13th at four of the others. I made the finals 5/6 times at world cups. This year has been my best year ever for skiing so far. Thanks for following me and cheering me on.